Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Who Is Welcome At This Site

As traffic continues to increase, which is fun, I want to define who I am and what I want. Like any developing friendship, I want to do this slowly. I’m going to start with the first of my Who Is Welcome At This Site posts. I’ll concentrate this time on two areas, Race Color and Creed, and Political Persuasions.

Race, Color and Creed, Who Is Welcome?

I welcome you no matter who or what you are. I love Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Chinese, Arabs, Muslims, Jews, Catholics, it doesn’t matter. We are all children of God, and you are invited to read and comment no matter what you look like or believe, as long as you mean me, nor my country, no harm.

I’ve been to Jewish homes in Tel Aviv, and Arab estates on the West Bank. I’ve attended Jewish, Catholic, and Arab weddings. I especially liked a Bedouin wedding that took place on camels, in , Israel. I’ve drunk beer with the Germans at their beer gardens in Munich, shared croissants for breakfast with the French on the , and talked politics with an Italian lady in a Rome bed-and-breakfast without understanding a word she was saying. I’ve been all over Europe, and the United States.

I’ve been in White, Black, Hispanic, Pilipino and Korean homes.

Religiously, I’ve been a Catholic, agnostic, and New Age. I know the Jewish faith well. I am learning about Islam. I respect most religions. I judge that Islam is in trouble, and needs a reformation. It has a sizeable minority who are inflicting death and intolerance on the world. Presently, I believe in God, still hold several Catholic values, have added New Age ideas, and learn from every belief system. I embrace all faiths, except for fundamentalism. I think that fundamentalists of every type, Christian, Jewish, and Islamic, are intolerant and sometimes hate-filled. It is they who fight wars based solely on religious beliefs, discriminate against non-believers, and spread virulence because they imagine they have a direct pipeline to God.

I welcome you if you are religious, as long as you intend me no harm, and don’t think your pipeline to God is any better than mine. God is talking to me, trust me, just as much, or even more, than He is talking to you. For one reason, I am listening.

In short, I love all kinds of people. Every race, culture and creed have something to contribute to the world, and I am ready to receive your message if you are a good person, open, kind, and seeking truth.

Political Persuasion

I welcome you if you are liberal, conservative, radical, or anything on the political spectrum.

I love passionate people who know why they believe what they believe. I am mainly neo-conservative now, but I’ve been all over the political landscape in my life, and I certainly understand why people might disagree with me on important issues.

I started out probably as a conservative, without knowing it, being raised a strict Catholic in Munster, Indiana. I was transformed, though, to a radical liberal in my college years as the protests of the 60’s swept university campuses. I spent my middle years in political no-man’s land, more concerned with celebrating life than with politics. It was then I was traveling and living throughout the United States. I was a witness to political evolutions while touring Europe and residing in the Middle East in the 80’s.

Back in the U.S. in the 90’s, it was then I became a conservative. I started out as a fan, and then added , , and to my list, as well as . I found, though, that Limbaugh was a bit too conservative for my taste, and Hannity a bit closed. Prager is just a bit too religious and self-righteous, and wrong, I feel, on issues like tobacco. O’Reilly is smart on some things, and dumb on others. He is a moron on oil issues and the economy.

Larry Elder is just about on the money for me. He is a Black Libertarian Republican. I am a bit Libertarian. I am a fan of , a proud gay Republican. I have really evolved, though, into a neo-con. thinks a lot like I do on several issues.

Though I was a conservative as a youth, as I’ve said, I was a big fan. He was a liberal I loved, and always will. He was strong on defense, pro-business and in favor of tax cuts, willing to define evil in the world, and brilliant geo-strategically. He grew from the bumbling of the botched invasion, to the deft handling of the . He was the greatest communicator (like Reagan), and best ambassador to the world we ever had.

Anyway, I welcome you no matter your political persuasion. I can understand if you are radical. I was on the barricades. I dig you if you are liberal. I was a Kennedy guy. I love you if you are conservative. That’s what I am.

Who Is Not Welcome

You are not welcome at this site if you are a racist, anti-Semite, homophobe, or hater of good people.

I don’t mind if you are a Bush-hater, or Republican-hater and such, as long as your hatred does not imply that you want to harm someone.

I don’t even mind if you are a United States-hater, again, as long as you don’t want to harm us.

You are not welcome at this site if you cheer when people get blown up.

Whom do I hate? I hate demagogues, many of whom at this time in history are liberals. I hate terrorists. I hate evil people who want to hurt the innocents. I hate , , and many , the ones who cheered 9/11, and delight in Israeli deaths. I hate people who behave like animals.

You are not welcome at this site if you are a terrorist, if you cheer when Americans or Israelis are blown up, or if you think you will earn heaven by killing anyone.

(*Wikipedia is always my source unless indicated.)

This Post’s Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Join me in the war on error, in the fight for truth, justice, and the American way!

Truth—The No Spin Politically Incorrect Zone

No comments: