Friday, August 04, 2006

Do Us Both a Favor

If you have stumbled upon this blog, whether it be by the "Next Blog" button, or by a link on someone else's site, I propose we do each other a favor. If you place a permanent link to my site in the sidebar of your blog, I will return the favor. Once you have a link to my site, simply post a message in the comments section, or email me directly with a link to your blog. Now let me explain why you should do this...

(1) I will include your link on my sidebar for everyone to see!

(2) The more sites you have linking to your blog, the higher your search rank will be in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. But it's not all about quantity of links, it's also about quality...the higher ranked the pages are that link to you, the better! Imagine if Amazon.com linked to your site...that would be a HUGE boost in your ranking. Now, my site is no Amazon.com, nor probably will it ever be...but as my rank increases (quantity), so should yours (quality!)

For more information on how to improve your search rank and generate traffic to your blog, please check out The Bestest Blog of All-Time, the great site where I got this idea, and much of the wording. Also, I recommend that anyone who exchanges links also subscribe to FEEDblitz, via email.

Please note, this link exchange should not be construed as a "link scheme." I am simply trying to get the voices of my fellow bloggers heard. All information about search ranking is for informational purposes only and in accordance with Google's Webmaster Guidelines.
This Post's Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: