Thursday, August 10, 2006

First Things First

My head is swirling and my heart is heavy over the close call in London. I am really rushed today and behind in my blogging. This will have to do until I can get my real post in.

First, one of my commentors was kind enough to let me know that my site was taking a long time to load, two minutes on IE. Is this still happening? Is anyone else having this problem? On other browsers? I'm not an expert in code yet, so all I can do is tinker to try and fix it in the meantime.

My first tinker was to remove Site Meter at 2:40 pm, Pacific Coast Time. Site Meter seemed to be holding things up. There's a few other things that I can remove if this isn't enough. Please let me know. Thanks.

Just to share with you if you got through, my head is swirling and my heart is heavy over the close call in London. I think this will bring to the front the divide we have in this country over terrorism, the war in Iraq, security measures, the Patriot Act, and so on. I think it's important, whether we are liberal or conservative, to get this thing right.

Be back with you later with my post for the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again! I was hoping you'd see my comment. You can remove this one too. Your site did load faster. I didn't realize that sitemeter is a memory hog. I used it on my blog and it sure was handy.

It may be that you have too many photo ads, but I dunno. I don't do adverts.

Another thing....with my browser, your entire blog is only 3/4 of my screen so your right section is pretty much bare. And the 4 photos at the top are all that is seen when your blog first loads. I know now how to manuever around here, so I expect it -- but would others? Browsers all make the visual effect behave differently. I've stuck w/ IE when I code websites because it's still the standard (yes, I know....I don't like it either). I think you're on a Mac, yes? That may be why your blog looks so different than most blogs. Might wanna check blogspot FAQs or a help group to see if there are some hints to make your site utilize the entire area within your template.

Okay, after you read this, you can delete it too. See ya later.

Rock said...

Lynn, thanks again for your help and comments. Yes, I'm on a Mac. I'll have to see about all this, because my site looks fine when I bring it up in Sarari, Firefox, Mozilla, and Netsape. My version of IE is only 5.23 on Mac, which is the last supported version for Mac's, so I can't get a fair picture of it. I'll have to see it on other sites.

Thanks. Talk to you later.

Rock said...

Lynn, I made some adjustments and put the site meter back. Let me know if you are still having problems with my site. Plus, I think if you just widen your screen, drag it out, you can see my whole template, or get rid of your left sidebar in IE (temporarily, by clicking on it's x button).

Thanks a lot. Catch you later.