Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Pope and Islam


Vatican Says Pope Benedict Regrets Offending Muslims





Did I hear that right?
CAIRO, Egypt (Reuters) -- Muslim leaders have condemned Pope Benedict XVI over comments he made about Islam on a visit to Germany and demanded he apologize. The head of the Egyptian-based Muslim Brotherhood called on Islamic countries to threaten to break off relations with the Vatican unless the pontiff withdrew his remarks. And a top religious figure in Turkey suggested the pope should reconsider a trip he was planning to Turkey later this year. The Vatican issued a statement to say the pope had never meant to offend Islam.

In his speech at the University of Regensburg on Tuesday, Benedict quoted criticism of Islam and the Prophet Mohammad by 14th century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaeologus, who wrote that everything Mohammad brought was evil and inhuman, “such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.” Benedict, who used the terms “jihad” and “holy war,” repeatedly quoted Manuel's argument that spreading the faith through violence was unreasonable, adding: “Violence is incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul."
I can’t add much to what a pope says about Islam. I just hope this pope has enough cajones to stand up to the inevitable violence that will follow this spoken truth, perpetrated by the religion of peace.

Rock

(*Wikipedia is always my source unless indicated.)

This Post’s Technorati Tags: Muslim, Islam, Muslim Brotherhood, Mohammad, Palaeologus, jihad, truth

Subscribe to my feed
                                          

Join me in the war on error, in the fight for truth, justice, and the American way! Support this site! Wanna swap links? It’ll help us both. Truth—The No Spin Politically Incorrect Zone

Join Rock's Political Blog Ring. Both Liberals and Conservatives are Welcome. (see left side bar or below these posts)

New! Join Rock's Chatroom and Rock’s Truth Forum, both uncensored. You’ll be a bit lonely for now, until traffic starts to discover these new venues, but whenever I’m on line, I’ll check to see if anyone’s chatting. It’d be nice if I could program an email to myself when someone wants to chat, we’ll see.

Plus, I have added a special poll each week, where I craft the poll questions, Rock's Poll Question of the Week. This week's question is, "Who do you think is politicizing 9/11?"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha!

the headfigure of one of the most vicious and violent organisation accused another vicious and violent organisation of being "violent"....

... and, of coures, the latter reacted violently !

Rock said...

For once I can almost understand your logic. I agree partially with you. The Catholic Church used to be violent, but I don't remember any violence they've perpetrated lately, do you?

Anonymous said...

Your website is the "most sophisticated on the web" ?! Ha-ha! Your site is pathetic mess. And the reason for that is simple: you are a spammer, sir. You are trying to stuff as much 3rd party ads in your site as possible, no doubts, trying to make $ on clicks. One look at other "blogs" of yours in blogger.com proves that without doubt (weight loss, internet dating, pharmacy, etc - all the signs of a spammer).

As for your age - 60 - it's an old man in my book. Though, I admit, you are a baby when compared to an average US senator.

As for your claim : "I don't think liberals are evil" - even a casual look at what you had said about them (and other people) would prove that you are just plain lying here. No one who reads your propaganda "blog" would believe that little white lie of yours.

As for being a geezer - you are a funny one: one moment "i love you, i love you, kiss, kiss" and the next moment " you all are evil ! you all are evil !" and the next moment again: "i love you, kiss, kiss, kiss"

I admit, you are a funny geezer !

Rock said...

igor, yes, you're right, I give mixed messages. My underlying belief is paradox. I suppose this concept is over your head. In time, I might modify my message to become unified, but that wouldn't represent reality, nor how I really feel.

I think it's not genuine to just love, or just hate. There is love/hate. Again, over your head.

Maybe your'e right too that my website is too crowded. I might simplify it in the future, after I get all the bells and whistles working properly. On the other hand, you aren't intellectually capable of understanding all the things that do work on this site, that few or no other sites have.

No, it is not the most sophisticated sight on the web. It will be, though, one day. These things take hours of work, and creative genius, another concept over your head.

I do agree that simpler is better, so, again, when I get time, and after everything is working, on all browsers (again, you don't have the mind to understand this concept), then I will try to discipline myself to make the sight leaner and cleaner.

I do thank you for your feedback, though, igor. Since you are incapable of saying nice things, I'll take your negative criticisms and accept from them whatever I can glean.