Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Browser Friendly, Cache Friendly

Sorry to be addressing this post about template issues, but it's urgent, and any advice I get you can use for your own sites. Plus, I will be happy to share whatever I've learned with any of you if you just let me know in Comments or by emailing me.

I have a diploma in computer programming, but I get so frustrated sometimes with browser issues that I want to scream. I know there are millions of you out there in my same predicament. So, if one or more of you kind Geeks happen to read this post and reply with help, I'd be very grateful.

First Problem: Firefox and some other browsers now force me to clear cache now to see my new posts. If this is happening to me, it's probably happening to my readers. Can you help me devise a strategy to avoid this?

Second Problem: Internet Explorer doesn't display my "blog within a blog" that works perfectly well on other browsers. I get the "blog within a blog" by inserting

object data code

into the Main section of my Template.

Any suggestions?

Feedback: Can anyone who reads this post please take the time to tell me which browser you use, and how does my site appear on your browser. Be as detailed as you can.

Thank you so very much.

Rock


No comments: