Saturday, September 02, 2006

Feeling the Zeitgeist

Today I'm taking time out to feel the Zeitgeist. I'm usually pretty good at it. This is what I sense is in the air for Americans and the world at this time. I feel that there will be big changes in Israel soon. They will have to take into account Hezbollah's "victory" in the month-long war in Lebanon, and what it means for their future. Israel is quite capable of getting smart and tough and meeting the challenge of an invigorated and well-armed enemy. They've done it before. They must do it now.

A month ago I would have felt that Republicans were heading for disaster in the November elections. I sense a significant change, though. Americans aren't stupid, and unless the Democrats can come up with alternative plans, I don't think the voters will stick with the "anything but Bush" strategy Dems are following. Bush and Republicans are finally on message, and Americans are listening.

Juan Williams (see my upcoming article on Black Conservatism) does my heart good with his new book Enough: The Phony Leaders, Dead-End Movements, and Culture of Failure That Are Undermining Black America--and What We Can Do About It. He joins my list of American heroes, along with Larry Elder and Bill Cosby. With all the negatives in America at this time, it seems that some African Americans are finally beginning to reject their demagogues and are embracing rational life strategies. Hallelujah!

America is turning into Mexico, and part of the reason is that the effete liberal Birkenstock crowd are drinking their lattes with other whites and don't hear a word of Spanish all day long. To them, it's not a problem.

The war in Iraq is not going well. Or, the war in Iraq is going well. Both are true. The new American strategy of being aggressive there is working, but the terrorists know that all they have to do is kill a few more innocents and they can break the back of American will. The November elections, though, I feel, will not be as big a loss for Republicans as once feared—so this will help the war in Iraq, and it might be the terrorists whose will is tested.

Many people are saying that Bush and the Republicans will not leave office with Iran having the bomb. Man, I will love seeing what the anti-war demonstrators will do if and when Bush bunker-busts Iran. They'll have to order double lattes for a week!

Finally, Tom Cruise, what to make of him? I think he's fine. Hollywood gets all upset over him jumping on couches and preaching Scientology, and yet they worship idiots like Michael Moore, Alec Baldwin, and Al Franken. What a joke. I'm a shrink, and I say that Cruise is dead-on about the overuse of drugs by the psychiatric community. It's a racket. Sure, believing in aliens bringing messages is weird, but much of Scientology is harmless, and even positive. Cruise is fine in my book, and so is Mel Gibson. I like anyone in Hollywood who is an iconoclast in that anti-American, anti-democratic, anti-capitalistic, hypocritical world. These guys can't be all bad if Hollywood is upset with them.

Subscribe to my feed
                                          

Join me in the war on error, in the fight for truth, justice, and the American way! Wanna swap links? It’ll help us both. Truth—The No Spin Politically Incorrect Zone

Join Rock's Political Blog Ring. Both Liberals and Conservatives are Welcome. (see left side bar or below this post)

New! Join Rock's Chatroom and Rock’s Truth Forum, both uncensored. You’ll be a bit lonely for now, until traffic starts to discover these new venues, but whenever I’m on line, I’ll check to see if anyone’s chatting. It’d be nice if I could program an email to myself when someone wants to chat, we’ll see.

Plus, I have added a special poll each week, where I craft the poll questions, Rock's Poll Question of the Week. This week's question is, "Do you love George Bush?" You can hug him or trash him with your response, and see the results of how others feel.

No comments: