Thursday, September 07, 2006

Just a Few More Adjustments

Sorry for the down time. I am experimenting with my last attempt, for now, at a scroll bar. If it works, good. If it does not add to readability and simplicity, it will be gone. I estimate tonight or tomorrow night I'll have the major changes made. In the meantime, please do visit the site for the links, news, and features, like chat. I promise I'll work the kinks out ASAP.

Rock


Subscribe to my feed
                                          

Join me in the war on error, in the fight for truth, justice, and the American way! Wanna swap links? It’ll help us both. Truth—The No Spin Politically Incorrect Zone

Join Rock's Political Blog Ring. Both Liberals and Conservatives are Welcome. (see left side bar or below these posts)

New! Join Rock's Chatroom and Rock’s Truth Forum, both uncensored. You’ll be a bit lonely for now, until traffic starts to discover these new venues, but whenever I’m on line, I’ll check to see if anyone’s chatting. It’d be nice if I could program an email to myself when someone wants to chat, we’ll see.

Plus, I have added a special poll each week, where I craft the poll questions, Rock's Poll Question of the Week. This week's question is, "Do you love George Bush?" You can hug him or trash him with your response, and see the results of how others feel.

4 comments:

paz y amor said...

Man, I've got your blog talkin to me at the moment in a sexy roboic voice- kind of arounsing...You might have just too much time on your hands

Rock said...

paz, good morning, how ya doin'? Nice to hear from you.

You might have just too much time on your hands

Yes, paz, I agree, except that I don't. I have a fulltime job now, as you know, and I'm just making time. Which means I believe in the blog and consider it a mission.

If you like or don't like something, go ahead and say so. I can't tell from your comment if you like the persona or not, just that you think it's unusual. I can always get rid of it. I have no ego problems. I accept that sometimes I'll make the right decisions, and sometimes not. I like the persona (which can change to different characters.)

By the way, if all you heard was a voice, and didn't see the persona, just click the link To Rock's Talking Persona to get to it. It’s at the bottom of the blog, in the footer.

As you can see, paz, I have many things in mind for my blog. I realize that all this takes it away from the charm of the "amateur" nature of personal blogging, but that's just me. I'm into perfection, getting my message across in multiple ways, and being entertaining. I want a unique blog, and am willing to lose some charm that your blog might have, which I hope you'll always keep, and trade that for a different kind of charm. I hope it works, but if it doesn't, I still love doing it.

Quality is worth it. That's my ultimate goal, quality.

Too much time on my hands? Enough to make this a passion, yes. Thanks for you comment. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Rock

Neil said...

I'm all for goin' for the unique blog; and, for the record, there are several types of charm, all kinds rather, well, charming (clever, ain't it?). My personal style is to write in a leisurely, carefree fashion and try to keep my format simple. Oh, good, solid poems help too (which, I'm confident in my writing). It's charming in an Alice in Wonderland kind of way, a different way than yours; you have a blog design that holds several nice features for keeping up politically, visiting other blogs, or experiencing other Rock-related media; it's a busy site. This fits your daily-updating, politically-involved style, and it works well ^^ I'd say you have a, oh... bah, can't think of a good book comparison to your style. Anyhow, I'm in support of you going for your type of quality while I go for mine; they're two different types of quality, but they both fit the definition.

Oh, as for the scroll bar... personally, it actually hinders simplicity and readability; perhaps it's because I'm not adjusted yet, but scrolling in a smaller box as opposed to scrolling the entire page doesn't do anything for me. Thought I'd opine on that since you asked ^^

Rock said...

LAEvanesce, thanks for your thoughts. I think you validate some of my thinking and I appreciate it. I agree with you that there are many different kinds of charm, as with your blog and paz'. The blogosphere is great.

I've been wondering the same thing about the scroll bar. The reason I want it is so that my posts don't take up all the room in my middle column. I want to put things below the posts. I guess I can achieve the same purpose by limiting the number of posts that show on my page. I'll check it out.

Thanks for commenting.