Thursday, September 14, 2006

Cut Off, Gazan Economy Nears Collapse

As Gaza Parents Go Unpaid, Children Go Hungry - New York Times:
Zidan Abu Reziq preparing dinner by candlelight and flashlight for his family in the Gaza Strip because of a lack of electricity, a recurrent problem.


KHAN YUNIS, Gaza Strip, Sept. 12, 2006. For the last week, Zidan Abu Reziq has been sleeping outside, next to his plantings on a small square of sand he expropriated.

Khan Yunis is home to large and destitute refugee families.

The Abu Reziqs, like many of the large, destitute refugee families in this shrapneled, tumbledown slum, need to plant to eat. They took the land and planted it with vegetables, an investment of about $50, most of the money that the United Nations Relief and United Nations Works Agency gave them to buy school uniforms for the children.

Good. These people elected Hamas. They support the indiscriminate bombing of Israeli citizens. Let them suffer. Maybe next time they will elect a moral and responsible government. Maybe next time they will opt for peace, as the Israelis have wanted for years.

Back to my template mission:
Sorry to be addressing this post about template issues, but it's urgent, and any advice I get you can use for your own sites. Plus, I will be happy to share whatever I've learned with any of you if you just let me know in Comments or by emailing me.

I have a diploma in computer programming, but I get so frustrated sometimes with browser issues that I want to scream. I know there are millions of you out there in my same predicament. So, if one or more of you kind Geeks happen to read this post and reply with help, I'd be very grateful.

First Problem: Firefox and some other browsers now force me to clear cache now to see my new posts. If this is happening to me, it's probably happening to my readers. Can you help me devise a strategy to avoid this?

Second Problem: Internet Explorer doesn't display my "blog within a blog" that works perfectly well on other browsers. I get the "blog within a blog" by inserting

object data code

into the Main section of my Template.

Any suggestions?

Feedback: Can anyone who reads this post please take the time to tell me which browser you use, and how does my site appear on your browser. Be as detailed as you can.

Thank you so very much.

Rock

(*Wikipedia is always my source unless indicated.)

This Post’s Technorati Tags: Israel, Palestinians, Gaza Strip, United Nations Relief, United Nations Works Agency, Hamas, truth

Subscribe to my feed
                                          

Join me in the war on error, in the fight for truth, justice, and the American way! Support this site! Wanna swap links? It’ll help us both. Truth—The No Spin Politically Incorrect Zone

Join Rock's Political Blog Ring. Both Liberals and Conservatives are Welcome. (see left side bar or below these posts)

New! Join Rock's Chatroom and Rock’s Truth Forum, both uncensored. You’ll be a bit lonely for now, until traffic starts to discover these new venues, but whenever I’m on line, I’ll check to see if anyone’s chatting. It’d be nice if I could program an email to myself when someone wants to chat, we’ll see.

Plus, I have added a special poll each week, where I craft the poll questions, Rock's Poll Question of the Week. This week's question is, "Who do you think is politicizing 9/11?"


3 comments:

paz y amor said...

Oh....Let's not forget that Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade is part of Fatah, meaning Gazans had to choose between the lessor of two evils- both "terrorist" political organizations (sounds like the US!). Either way, you'd be cheering their suffering as just desserts for picking the wrong side!

Rock said...

paz, nice to see you got through to comment.

Rock, you surprise me. You're essentially saying that people who vote for a political group that YOU don't agree with deserve to suffer in the most inhumane of ways. Would someone be justified in saying that the US somehow deserved 9-11 and American families "deserved" to be ripped apart because barely half the country voted in a narrow-minded half witted administration that engages in "terrorism" itself?

I am aware that the left makes these kinds of absurd statements about Bush. If you really believe this kind of thing, it makes it hard to engage in rational conversation. Perhaps you're just posing this as a hypothetical. With you, who I always find rational, my first tendency is to always give you the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand, you have surprised me a few times too.

Yes, I think a people are responsible for the leadership they have. You get what you deserve. As in America, you either remove tyrants by revolution, or you vote them out of office. If you only have terrorists to vote for, that means you are cowards. Only those willing to die for freedom ever get it. Freedom is not free.

Just like in Iraq. The Iraqis must be willing to die in order to have a democratic society. If they are not willing to lay down their lives for this, they will get only dictators forever. This is not up to Bush, or America, it's up to the Iraqis. If the Palestinians continue to school their children in hate, and so en masse elect Hamas, or Al Aqsa, or whatever terrorist organization as their representatives, then they do deserve to suffer. Just as we in America would have deserved to suffer if we had elected John Kerry. (What a horrorible mess we'd be in now if that would have happened!)

We in America, however, did not make such an unfortunate decision. We elected a good man. I'm sorry you and half the country can't see this, but I just don't get your logic on any of it.

I continue to hope I will get my template working so that you paz, and other folks on Internet Explorer, will be able to read and comment easily.

In the meantime, as always, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, and have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Good. These people elected Hamas. They support the indiscriminate bombing of Israeli citizens. Let them suffer.

Rock, again and again you show off your disgusting, immoral nature by rejecting the basis of your both (as you claim) religions: Judaism and Christianity - "treat others like you yourself wish to be treated".

Per you, Israel who indiscriminately bomb Lebanon (with cassette bombs, no less!) is hero; Bush&Co, who indiscriminately bomb Iraq and Afganistan are also heroes, but those who fight Israel and Bush&Co back - oh, they are "evil terrorists".

Per you, only your neo-cons and your dear Israelis are allowed to meddle in other countries' internal affairs, to bomb other peoples. And when you get a bomb back in your own backyard - you cry "foul", "evil", etc...

Listen here, Rock: you want to bomb others - you be ready to receive a bomb back. Kapish?