Friday, September 15, 2006

Economic Realities under Bush

The economy under George W. Bush:

Oil prices are down, despite the war in Iraq, threats of terrorism, and problems with Iran and Venezuela.

Unemployment is low. (5.5% for August, 2006)

The stock market is close to an all-time high (11,584 at 10:04 am, 9/15/06).

GNP is humming along, faster than any European country.

Watch all this disappear if you vote in the Spendocrats and the tax-the-rich crowd. Not only are the libs weak on defense, they will be disastrous for the economy.

Am I telling you the whole truth on the economy? No. There are other figures you can find to counter the above. Deficits are up. The trade imbalance continues to grow. Some industries are in trouble, like autos and airlines. The quality of American jobs seems to be sinking.

Most of these problems, though, are a result of globalization. Bush can't stop globalization, and neither can America. This monster is a fact. It can be a good monster, or a bad one. We have to learn to live with it, and use it. It will not go away.

Another factor is that we continue to import cheap labor through illegal immigration. This undercuts the wages of the middle class, and hurts Blacks, Whites, and Hispanics. The result is goods become cheaper, but wages continue to fall. Wall Mart and Macdonald's have taken over the world, and this is another trend we cannot stop. We all pay for the invasion of illegals, too, with massive law enforcement, social services, and medical care costs, plus lost tax revenue.

Anyway, despite Bush having inherited a recession from Clinton, despite 9/11, despite terrorism, and despite oil supply problems, the part of the economy Bush's policies can effect is doing well. Bush's tax cuts are responsible for this. Bush is responsible for the deficits, though. He has been a major over-spender, acting like a lib on this one. The larger picture of the economy, though, is more influenced by globalization and illegal immigration. We Americans must learn how to handle these two issues intelligently.

Back to my template mission:
Sorry to be addressing this post about template issues, but it's urgent, and any advice I get you can use for your own sites. Plus, I will be happy to share whatever I've learned with any of you if you just let me know in Comments or by emailing me.

I have a diploma in computer programming, but I get so frustrated sometimes with browser issues that I want to scream. I know there are millions of you out there in my same predicament. So, if one or more of you kind Geeks happen to read this post and reply with help, I'd be very grateful.

First Problem: Firefox and some other browsers now force me to clear cache now to see my new posts. If this is happening to me, it's probably happening to my readers. Can you help me devise a strategy to avoid this?

Second Problem: Internet Explorer doesn't display my "blog within a blog" that works perfectly well on other browsers. I get the "blog within a blog" by inserting

object data code

into the Main section of my Template.

Any suggestions?

Feedback: Can anyone who reads this post please take the time to tell me which browser you use, and how does my site appear on your browser. Be as detailed as you can.

Thank you so very much.

Rock

(*Wikipedia is always my source unless indicated.)

This Post’s Technorati Tags: oil prices, unemployment rate, stock market, GNP, trade deficit, budget deficit, globalization, illegal immigration, truth


Subscribe to my feed
                                          

Join me in the war on error, in the fight for truth, justice, and the American way! Support this site! Wanna swap links? It’ll help us both. Truth—The No Spin Politically Incorrect Zone

Join Rock's Political Blog Ring. Both Liberals and Conservatives are Welcome. (see left side bar or below these posts)

New! Join Rock's Chatroom and Rock’s Truth Forum, both uncensored. You’ll be a bit lonely for now, until traffic starts to discover these new venues, but whenever I’m on line, I’ll check to see if anyone’s chatting. It’d be nice if I could program an email to myself when someone wants to chat, we’ll see.

Plus, I have added a special poll each week, where I craft the poll questions, Rock's Poll Question of the Week. This week's question is, "Who do you think is politicizing 9/11?"


2 comments:

Pius VI said...

www.talkradioreview.com and www.i2s2r.blogspot.com thank you for your recent comments.

Rock said...

I am indeed honored. God bless you.