Friday, June 30, 2006

Our Leftist Supreme Court

High court throws out Gitmo tribunal-Nation/Politics-The Washington Times: "President Bush was dealt a legal setback in his wartime powers yesterday when the Supreme Court said in a 5-3 decision that he lacked authority to try prisoners at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba before a specially created military tribunal.

Justice John Paul Stevens, writing for the majority, said a pending military tribunal for Yemeni national Salim Ahmed Hamdan, chauffeur to al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, could not proceed because its structure and procedures violated the Uniform Code of Military Justice and four Geneva Conventions signed in 1949."


I won't get into why this Supreme Court decision was a disaster for all Americans.

This court has again proven that it leans left, and this presents a dilemma for me. I don't know whether I want the court more conservative or not.

I want the court more conservative because of decisions like this, which make the United States fight dangerous wars with its hands tied behind its back. I want it more conservative to ensure our freedom and liberty, and survival as a nation. I want it more conservative to preserve our language and culture, and protect us from reverse racism. I want it more conservative to protect our borders and battle illegal immigration.

On the other hand, I want to keep the court liberal to preserve Roe vs. Wade, to ensure freedom of the press with regard to adult entertainment and other matters, and to keep the government out of our bedrooms and private lives.

Since I feel obligated to make a decision, I choose to want a more conservative court. National defense and reverse racism etc. are my most important concerns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»