Monday, October 16, 2006

Good and Evil, Part Two

This is my second post on Good and Evil. In the first post I talked about Hollywood’s perception of the issue, both in their private and artistic lives. In this post, I’m going to examine good and evil in the eyes of this conservative, versus good and evil in the eyes of the left. Naturally, when I run astray, or am on target, you’ll let me know about it, and I appreciate it.

All Monsters Believe They are Saints

First, I believe that every person on earth believes that he or she is good. Hitler probably believed he was good. Stalin, Mussolini, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan, Nixon, terrorists, beheaders, everyone. Their mothers and dogs probably thought they were good too. Caveat—I don’t mean to put Nixon in the same category as these monsters, but I use him as an example of someone who did great wrong.

Second, I’m willing to enter the grey area where all liberals live to admit that these were, nonetheless, (a) human beings, and (b) probably had some good in them, or did some good things. Mussolini made the trains run on time. Hitler was great at building the army. Stalin helped defeat the Nazis. Nixon went to China. Terrorists love their mothers. Beheaders are good with swords and chopping. Pol Pot made a mean won tong. Genghis Khan was a good lover, especially with the women he raped.

click to show/hide the rest of the post

Who Are the Truly Evil People of Our Time?

The truly evil people we have in our world, at this time in history, are:

Osama bin Laden; al-Queda; Hezbollah; Hamas; anyone who targets innocent human beings, which includes all terrorists; murderers; rapists; child molesters; and their enablers.

The enablers are a special class. They are less evil than the actual perpetrators of evil, but they are the ones who allow evil to exist unchallenged. Enablers include people who are too lazy or stubborn to learn the truth about the real evil that exists in our world. It is, in my opinion, an obligation of a citizen in a free society to read, listen, correctly identify evil, and take up arms against it—whether this be with war or with words.

I’m not talking about jihad. I’m not advocating Crusades. I’m just talking about speaking the truth in the face of challenge and disagreement; and about supporting just wars, opposing unjust wars, and knowing the difference; and working to spread good to counter the evil.

If you don’t do this, you are an enabler of evil. Some of the left fall into this category. Hence, they are, unwittingly, doing evil. Some others of the left are just mistaken in their beliefs. They believe the liberal media, the worst enablers of all.

The Liberal Media and Other Evil People

So, it may not be your everyday leftists who are truly evil, but the media that feeds their ignorance. Any intelligent person in the media who deliberately fosters untruths is truly evil. This includes people like Noam Chomsky and Michael Moore. Every word out of their mouths is a lie—half-baked propaganda that literally gets people killed. I’m willing to admit that they might be unwitting propagandists, and sincere believers in their positions. But I am not willing to relieve them of their responsibility to mankind. They are perpetrating hatred and lies and causing people to die.

Let me clarify, so that I don’t become like the people I criticize. Millions of leftists are good people. Even Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky, who know they are lying, might be doing so thinking that the end justifies the means. They might so sincerely believe that America is evil, and George Bush is so bad, that lying about them is a good thing. Fine. That still doesn’t relieve them of their real responsibility for the deaths of millions of people in the world that will happen because they have enabled the forces of evil. They are guilty. They are culpable. I don’t advocate any harm to them, nor even punishment, nor hatred, and not even ill will. I just want the world to know the truth about them.

Lies to the Left of Me, Lies to the Right

For the lies and slander about George W. Bush, and about Republicans, shame on you who perpetrate them. You are not doing good in this world.

The same can be said about the lies about Clinton. Clinton did one very bad thing, in my opinion. He lied under oath. This was despicable. Lying under oath was not presidential, nor a good thing for our country. Having an affair was not so different from most of our presidents, though. Clinton was not evil. In many ways, he was, and is a good man. I rate him high as a president except for the Monica Lewinski thing, lying under oath, and appeasing Korea, which brought us our present mess. Otherwise, he was pretty darn good.

I don’t think we’ve ever had a truly evil president. Nixon comes the closest. He did, though, do so much good in the world too. The only president now who really is evil (he wasn’t evil until the last ten years) is Jimmy Carter. He is a hate-filled old man who spreads lies and slander about anyone Republican and about America. He too, like Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky, brings disgrace to our nation, and is an enabler of evil people like Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, and anyone who is at war with America or hates us. He made us look weak in the world, and so, invited the terrorists to think they could mess with us, and mess with us they did.

Hollywood Evil

The last group of people I would call evil are the Hollywood airheads. Not all of them. Just the ones that should know better. The ones who so much want to be loved that they are willing to sell their country down the river for filthy lucre and the approval of their knee-jerk liberal buddies. Again, people are dying because of their empty-headed proclamations. This includes Susan Sarandon and her husband Tim Robbins, Martin Sheen, Rosie O’Donnell, Michael Moore, Ed Asner, Harry Belafonte, Barbara Streisand, and Danny Glover. If I can help it, I won’t see a movie or show with any of these people in it.

Yes, I know, they are sincere. So was Goebels. So was Timothy McVey. The fact that the Hollywood enablers are intelligent people makes them more culpable in my eyes.

Again, I advocate no harm to them, no hatred, no retribution at all. I just want them to hear what I think about them. I want them and the left to know that the people they consider to be their heroes are not heroes to me.

Hollywood Heroes

The real Hollywood heroes are Dennis Miller, Chuck Norris, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Selleck, Bruce Willis , Britney Spears, Bo Derek, Ron Silver, and other brave actors who buck the Hollywood trend and proclaim their conservative views.

Again, I don’t mind if someone is liberal, including Hollywood stars. I do mind if they are mindlessly liberal, knee-jerk liberal, Bush-bashing, Republican-bashing, hate-filled, lying enablers of all that is bad in our world. Brad Pitt I had heard was a conservative, but now he’s off to Africa trying to save the world with his liberal nutcase wife. God help Africa. Fine, do good things. Adopt babies. Stop AIDS. But don’t enable terrorists while you’re doing it. Don’t bash America, the most noble country in the world, while you’re off showing everyone how generous you are.

Will the Dixie Chicks go to Heaven?

And the Dixie Chicks?

Don’t get me started. They certainly aren’t evil, but they enable evil to the max. They might sneak into heaven because of sincerity, but they’ll have to go in by the back door, the one marked “Airheads and Other Miscellaneous Vacuities.” If there is reincarnation, they will come back as toads in tutus, or rats with the plague.

Rock


(*Wikipedia is always my source unless indicated.)

Subscribe to my feed
                                          

Join me in the war on error, in the fight for truth, justice, and the American way! Support this site! Wanna swap links? It’ll help us both. Truth—The No Spin Politically Incorrect Zone


click to hide most of this post



No comments: